1. Is my personal information safe with you?
2. Is it secure to use my credit/debit card on your website?
Our website utilizes the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information including: your name, address, and credit card details. Due to these implementations information passed between your computer and us cannot be read in the unlikely event of someone intercepting it. Please note that we do not keep your card details and that transactions via our website are made directly to our secure payment provider. We make sure that ordering from our website online is safer than using your card on the UK high street.
3. How do I navigate your website?
We have tried to make this process as simple as possible. Click on one of the main category headings in the header at the top of the page and drop down boxes will appear, click on the appropriate section (costumes for example) and you will be taken to the related costumes to your search criteria (50’s, 60’s etc.) or click on one of the six main category images (Children’s Costumes, Adult Costumes, Costume Accessories, Balloons, Party Goods, Fireworks), If you are looking for a specific product you can use our websites “I’m looking for” function found at the top of the page by inserting a keyword. For example, if you want a Batman costume just type Batman into the “I’m looking for” box and a selection of Batman costumes and accessories will appear, or alternatively, if you are looking for a variety of Halloween products type “Halloween” into the search bar and a wide variety of Halloween products will be displayed. On the left hand side of the screen you will see a number of Refine By options including Product Type, Gender, Size or Occasion/Theme, depending on the product search you are conducting, by clicking on one or more options you can refine your search even further., Please Note: We encourage users to check their spelling and typing when looking for a specific product as our website search function works on a letter for letter match basis.
4. What happens if an item is out of stock?
Once we have received your order stock is automatically reserved for you. In the event that we are out of stock of an item you have ordered we will contact you via email or telephone to suggest an alternative item or to provide you with a full refund. If you find a costume that you like which is currently out of stock please contact us and we should be able to inform you of when it will be available again. Please note: If an item is out of stock in our Reading Superstore it may be available from our website or vice versa. All of our products display a Web Availability and a Reading Store Availability, in the case of the store you will need to contact us for availablity.
5. How do I place an order on your website?
After you have found a product that you would like to purchase you just need to follow the steps listed below in order to successfully complete an order:
1) If you are selecting a costume choose the desired size from the drop down menu next to the costume. Please bear in mind that if no drop down menu is available the costume comes in a “standard size”, or a “one size fits most” option unless otherwise stated. You can click on the costumes size guide to see more details regarding the sizes that a costume fits. Once you have selected a size option, click on “Add to Cart”.
2) If you have selected a product that is not a costume, click on “Add to Cart”, after doing this a new window will ask you if you want to proceed to checkout or if you want to continue shopping. If you wish to continue shopping simply carry on adding products to your order. Anytime you wish to checkout and purchase your items simply clicking on the shopping basket text found on the top of the website, will take you to the checkout page.
3) On the checkout page if you are a returning customer with an account simply insert your email and password. If you are a new customer, click on “Checkout as Guest” or “Register”. If you choose “Checkout as Guest” fill out the fields on the next page including: First/Last Name, Company (If applicable), Email address and telephone numbers, you also have a choice to “Ship to this address”, “Ship to a different address” or “Collect from store”. After clicking continue you will be taken to a page where you can select a shipping option, you can then proceed to our secure payments page where you will be able to use your Card or PayPal details to complete the order process.
6. What is your policy on returns?
Please follow the link for a comprehensive look at our returns policy.
7. Can I have a product delivered outside of the UK?
Yes, we are capable of delivering worldwide. At this moment in time you will have to contact us direct for information regarding delivery options.
8. Do you ship to BFPO addresses?
Yes, we are capable of delivering to BFPO (British Forces Overseas) At this moment in time you will have to contact us direct for information regarding delivery options.
9. What payment methods do you accept?
We currently use PayPal to accept secure payments of Debit and Credit card transactions. We accept the following cards: Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Master Card and Eurocard. You also have the option of placing an order by telephone, or paying via PayPal. Fun ‘n’ Frolic is a safe and secure shopping website and we pride ourselves on keeping your details and information safe.
10. Can I purchase a costume for someone else and send it to them?
Yes, all you need to do is to provide us with an alternative shipping address to the billing address you used when filling out your order details. In order to prevent credit card fraud we may contact you and ask you to provide further identity information.
11. How do I get to your Reading Superstore?
The address for our Reading Superstore is: 16a Richfield Avenue, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 8EQ. Our store is located within a 10 - 15 minute walk from Reading Railway Station or a 5 minute taxi ride! If you would like more information about our Reading store, or if you want to see a map to find our exact location click here.
12. A product I bought is now cheaper, can I have a refund for the price difference?
Fun ‘n’ Frolic reserves the right to change, alter or amend their prices at any time without prior notice. With this said we endeavour to provide you with the cheapest and best selection of costumes and party goods online but if the cost of products are reduced or placed in the sale section of our website we cannot refund the difference of a previous order.
13. The price of a product has gone up, can I pay the cheaper price?
No, Fun ‘n’ Frolic reserves the right to change, alter, or amend their prices at any time and without prior notice. If the cost of an item has increased, or decreased from the price listed on the site the time of purchase is determines the final purchase price.
14. How do I know which size to choose?
On each costume you will be able to click on a tab that says “size guide”. In this tab you will find the correct sizing for each costume based on information provided by the costumes manufacturer. The size guide includes UK sizes together with chest and waist measurements.
15. What if the product is faulty?
If your product is faulty please contact our sales team via email: [email protected] or over the phone: 01189508597 and let us know what the problem with the product is and we will be able to arrange a refund or an exchange for you.
16. What are the washing and care instructions of the products?
We have a large selection of costumes made from a wide variety of materials which vary from: cotton, vinyl, lace, velvet, polyester, plush fur, leather, brocade and many more. Some of our costumes feature metal or plastic accessories and printed or embossed emblems. We encourage all of our customers to ensure that when they clean their costumes they are DRY CLEANED ONLY, regardless unless stated otherwise by the costume manufacturer. For hygiene reasons we are unable to refund a costume after it has been worn.
17. Can I cancel an order?
If you have not paid for your order you can cancel it at any time, and there is no need to contact us. We do not process any orders until the requisite payment for the order has been received. If you have already submitted payment for your order we regret to inform you that we will not be able to cancel it or issue an immediate refund. We have a very quick turnaround between orders being placed online and the picking, packing and shipping process, which ensures that 99.7% of orders are received on time without incident. Due to this we will be unable to cancel your order after payment. If you would like to cancel your order after payment you are entitled to refuse delivery and to a full refund once the goods are received back into our warehouse. If you have any further queries regarding returns please see our returns policy.
18. My card payment is being rejected online?
Please don’t worry this simply means that some of the information that you have input may be incorrect, or missing. All essential information fields are marked with an asterisk (*) please ensure that these details are filled in correctly. If you are still having problems contact our sales team who will be able to help you.
19. Am I charged VAT on my order?
Yes, VAT is charged at the Government Standard rate of 20% on all products excluding: Books, confectionery and children’s costumes (to hire and to purchase).
20. What happens if the costume does not fit?
We provide sizing guides for each costume to ensure that customers are able to find the most appropriately sized costume and to reduce the risk of a customer ordering a costume that does not fit. However, if the costume you have ordered does not fit you may return it to us within the 14 working day exclusion period. If you have any further queries regarding making a return please look at our returns policy.